Presentation of your home for sale can certainly add tens of thousands of dollars to the end result. In a competitive market, being prepared to stand out will both assist in the saleability and price you will achieve for your property. Here are a number of tips for presenting your home to the market and putting the welcome mat out.
- Trim the lawns and tidy the garden. This will be a prospective buyer’s first impression of your home, so make it a good one.
- Shampoo the carpets. You may be surprised at how much ‘life’ carpets can have after a thorough cleaning. The brighter everything is the better for selling.
- Clean the walls. Removing hand marks from walls and switches is well worth it, as dirt like this can take the edge off an otherwise attractive home.
- Check the guttering. Its an easy point for buyers to spot. Make sure there are no leaves hanging over the edge, no peeling paint or water stains. Also clear away the cobwebs under the eaves.
- Clean out the garage and shed. Especially if you have a build up of unwanted goods over the years. It makes sense to clear them out now, because good storage space is always an important selling feature.
- Open the windows. The brighter the rooms the better. Leave blinds and curtains open. Clean windows and insect screens to let more light in.
- Flowers set the scene. People often put flowers out for their visitors – so why not decorate your home with a bunch of flowers for your VIP visitors (prospective buyers).
- The Kitchen and Laundry. Special attention needs to be paid to these areas. Clean the oven and sink, and give the cupboards and benchtops a good clean.
- The Ray White sign. We’ll advise you on the best location for maximum effect.